ACLS Provider Original
The ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac arrest care. ACLS also covers airway management and related pharmacology.
Skills are taught in large-group sessions and small-group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
The ACLS description:
- ACLS algorithms
- Immediate post-cardiac-arrest care
- Airway management(Respiratory Arrest)
- Rhythm recognition
- High-quality CPR
- 1-rescuer and 2-rescuer CPR AED
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Science overview (update course)
- BLS and ACLS surveys
- ACLS Megacode training and treatment
- Identification and initial care of other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke).
Prerequisite – Must have a current BLS card. This class is also for those that have let their ACLS card expire more than 30 days of the expiration date.
COURSE TIME 7 HRS
*Prerequisites must be shown prior to the beginning of all classes or forfeit the deposit. We do not offer refund so please make sure your prerequisites are indeed valid for renewal before the class dates.