ACLS Provider Renewal
The ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac arrest care. ACLS also covers airway management and related pharmacology.
Skills are taught in large-group sessions and small-group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
The ACLS description:
- ACLS algorithms
- Immediate post-cardiac-arrest care
- Airway management(Respiratory Arrest)
- Rhythm recognition
- High-quality CPR
- 1-rescuer and 2-rescuer CPR AED
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Science overview (update course)
- BLS and ACLS surveys
- ACLS Megacode training and treatment
- Identification and initial care of other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke).
Prerequisite – Must have a valid BLS/BCLS card and a valid ACLS card. In order to prove the prerequisites, you must show up to the class with the original AHA ACLS and BLS card that is not expired. Breathe CPR will also honor ACLS cards that have not expired more than 30 days. If your card is not valid at the start of the class, you will be asked to pay the remaining price difference so you may take the initial course.
*Prerequisites must be shown prior to the beginning of all classes or forfeit the deposit. We do not offer refund so please make sure your prerequisites are indeed valid for renewal before the class dates.